Thursday 5 December 2013

Gingerbread

Gingerbread from DavidsTea
Ingredients:  Rooibos, green rooibos, honeybush, cinnamon, currants, crystalized ginger, pineapple, safflower petals, natural and artificial flavouring

The Christmas teas continue!

It is FREEZING outside. Inside pictures only
Gingerbread. DavidsTea was really excited about this one when they announced it, claiming it took a lot of work to perfect the taste of gingerbread. Laura seemed unimpressed and even gave me her bag. But it smells like rooibos and a freshly baked gingerbread cookie, so I'm pretty excited.
Here we go...


I steeped it for 6 minutes, since it suggested 5-7, and like I said, it smells pretty damn good.

It tastes exactly the way that it smells. I can see how it would taste kind of nasty if you did it for too long (I wouldn't go past 7 minutes, myself), but I'm just not getting the overbearing molasses flavour that Laura has warned me about.
I'm actually really enjoying it. It could be that I got a lucky spoonful that got me the perfect combination of the bits, but I am definitely keeping what I have!

Gingerbread tastes like a gingerbread cookie with a side of rooibos.
I'm impressed. It's worth trying, but be conservative in your first purchase until you are sure that it is for you. Unless you are getting for someone else...


This one seems to be a bit of a gamble.

You can get really adorable little tins of the gingerbread, or get a set of tea filled tin Christmas tree ornaments for great gifts! Though, I can not find the ornaments on the online store anymore... Hm


Oh, yes. and HURRY! DT says this tea and the other "Holiday" labeled teas could be gone by the mid this month!! MADNESS!

Good luck with your shopping.

Give many a great tea gift!

Happy Steeping!
~K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, or suggestions!