Thursday 26 December 2013

Alpine Punch

Alpine Punch from DavidsTea
`
Ingredients: Rooibos, coconut chips and rasps, apple pieces, cinnamon pieces, ginger bits, cardamom, black pepper, rose blossoms, almond flakes, artificial flavouring


I am quite sure this tea has been a winter special with DT for quite some time because I remember even two years ago hearing people rave about this tea. I gave it a good whiff, but all I could manage was a lazy shrugging of the shoulders and putting it aside for the teas that smell much more appealing.

Oh yeah, and this tea is yet another in the massive ensemble of teas containing - you guessed it- fucking coconut.... 
Jackie disapproves of your coconut-y shenanigans, DT

BUT  it doesn't taste bad. I'm at war with myself trying to decide if it's the almond or the coconut that I can taste more of, but with the over-bearing scent of the coconut, I'm going to say the coconut wins. Damn shame, because this is a SERIOUSLY smoooooth tea. If you hold your breath you can REALLY taste the apple. It's a  cornucopia of flavours.

It is good.


Pick out some of the coconut and add some more rooibos and you have something. But it doesn't have those things...
I wouldn't buy more because I have much better tasting cider-esque teas with more of the punch (where is this "PUNCH" the name suggests, by the way?!) you expect from a winter tea. But it could be your thing, so give it a try!



Now I'm going to go lie down because this holiday madness is murder. 



Happy Steeping, and I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas
~K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, or suggestions!