Friday 2 May 2014

Peaches and Cream

Peaches&Cream from DT
 Ingredients: peach, apple, vanilla pieces, peach crunchy (peach puree, tangerines, strawberry juice, black carrot juice), safflower, sunflowers, natural flavouring.


This tea smells like booze. Dead serious. This tea (which you can not buy save for a limited time as part of the entire spring collection - no tins of this baby for you) smells like peach and strawberry schnapps.
It's surprising, but also very enticing and delicious. It gives you high hopes.
After a strong seven minutes (I wasn't confident in the amount they provided in the little sample pouch) of steeping, I made our entire basement smell of some kind of over-priced cocktail on steroids. The aroma is... well, pungent. Which really intensifies the underwhelming flavour of the tea.


It tastes (barely) of peach flavour and strawberries with a nice creamy punch of vanilla. If this were, say... at least five times stronger, I would most likely really really like this tea. But I would need more of it, which I can't actually purchase without getting four other teas you possibly have zero interest in. And you won't get a lot of it.

This was so close to being something fantastic. So close.
I am really on the fence about this one. I want more, but I don't want to fork out $25 for the entire spring collection just so I can get 25 grams of it.
Unimpressed.


Happy Steeping,

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, or suggestions!