Tuesday 19 November 2013

Rooibos de Provence


As soon as you open the bag, you smell the black currents. I personally really like this smell, so I'm happy here.

I'm taking a super long time to type this up, I keep getting distracted. So if this feels a little disjointed in parts, it's because I went on tumblr or Youtube then remembered I was typing this up.

I steeped it 1 tbsp to 4 cups of water, in my handy standby teapot. I steeped it for about 4 minutes, JUST LIKE THE PACKAGE TOLD ME TO.

Okay, onto flavor (this has taken me over an hour to get this far. Don't judge me.):
You can really taste the lavender and the rosehips. It has a really nice smooth flavor, that I find characteristic of rooibos teas, with a bite of black current. Overall, it's pretty delicious. Fruity and smooth and lavender-y.
It DOES leave you nice and relaxed, which is a super bonus.

I've never been to the French countryside, but it would suit the Albertan countryside just as nicely. Sitting on the front porch, wrapped in a blanket looking at the leaves change...and potentially as an iced tea in the summer! SOMEONE REMIND ME TO DO THIS

I honestly can't decide how much I like this tea. I don't DISLIKE it in the SLIGHTEST, but I don't like it enough to get 100g all at once. It IS relaxing to drink, and it tastes really nice. It would be great for a day when you are super stressed and just want to zonk out.
So, once this bag runs out, I'll order more, but 100g would be far too much.

(Good Gods it's been 3 hours and I'm finally done what the hell is wrong with me)

-Drink your tea my lovelies,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, or suggestions!