Tuesday 5 November 2013

Around the World: Orange Pekoe

Let me preface with the fact that Orange Pekoe isn't my favorite tea. So, I enrolled my Mum to help me review it. She drinks Tetley Orange Pekoe all the time (like, at least 4 times a week). I have it maybe once every 6 months. At most. So my qualifications on judging it are a little rocky.

I got this Orange Pekoe from DavidsTea as part of the Around The World Collection.

I brewed it 1 tbsp to a 4 cup pot, as per usual, and brewed it 4 minutes as per directions.
As I'm sure you can tell by now, I am a creature of habit! And with being a creature of habit, I always drink my Orange Pekoe the same way - black.

Right off the bat it smelled earthy and clean. Very appealing. Very Orange Pekoe.












But I found it tasted a lot like Tetley; I liked it better, it was a little milder which I enjoyed. My mom also found it similar (she drinks it with steamed milk).
Overall, I enjoyed drinking it, but it really is only worth buying it if you really have something against tea bags, or can taste a difference big enough that it's worth spending the extra cash.

So, I won't be buying any more Orange Pekoe, but I'm not an Orange Pekoe person.
If you love all and any Orange Pekoe, then take this with a grain of salt.


Skål!

-Laura


IF YOU HAVE ANY TEA YOU WOULD LIKE REVIEWED, LEAVE A COMMENT AND WE WILL SEE WHAT WE CAN DO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, or suggestions!