Friday 11 October 2013

White Peony

White Peony from DavidsTea

White tea from Fujian Province, China.


 I got this as one of my three free samples that you get with every DavidsTea order.
You hear "Peony" and you think floral, right? Those huge, ant-covered pretty flowers in nearly every garden across the country? That's what I thought.... It's what I was expecting. But, nope.

Managed this right before the weather turned


This is a really hard one to describe... but I could NOT stop drinking it. So, it's yummy; that's what matters, right?

The first infusion I did for the whole five minutes of the 2-5 suggested. Mm-mm! It is light, but still full of natural, delicious flavour! I described it to Laura like the smell of freshly cut flower stems (I used to work in my aunt's flower shop, so I'm quite familiar with this gorgeous smell). A bright and naturally sweet adventure. DT really hit it on the nose with their description of this tea.
The second infusion I only did for two minutes, and it is certainly strong enough. Tasting a little more earthy this time. Still super good.
I even did a third! Probably less than a minute... This tea just does not stop giving! wow!!

Even Yoshi likes this tea. I got a few vicious nips every time I tried to drink without offering him some first. (Someone needs to be taught some manners!)

Of course, I had just placed a huge tea order on Monday, which arrives tomorrow... and this tea was not on the list. DAMN IT! And I have already used the sample all up. This next list will have to be a Christmas one or something.
Curse being poor!

Anyways...! This is a great natural tea that is easy on the wallet. I definitely recommend it.

HOLY SHIT! I just looked at my Just the Leaf collection, I HAVE MORE WHITE PEONY! 
Sweeeeet


Happy Steeping,

-K


IF YOU HAVE ANY TEA YOU WOULD LIKE REVIEWED, LEAVE A COMMENT AND WE WILL SEE WHAT WE CAN DO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, or suggestions!