Friday 4 October 2013

Raspberry China Oolong

Raspberry China Oolong from Tea Desire

Ingredients: Oolong, raspberry bits and flavour.


Holy shit, an oolong with raspberries!! I couldn't say no. I DIDN'T say no. And I can't tell you how glad I am that I didn't....
Is this not the sweetest thing?

When my order from TeaDesire showed up (with an adorable little hand-written thank you note - aren't they just adorable?!) I ripped the bag open to inhale the most heavenly scent that I wanted to rub all over myself as a perfume and stuff in my mouth and chew right then and there. Reminiscent of raspberry gelato. A powerful scent for a surprisingly mild tea.

I tried several brewing times, the long the better for me. Never gets bitter, and with two perfect spoonfuls in a pot (the perfect spoon is really just a tblsp). Experiment with it. I certainly did.
Nowhere near as raspberry crazy as it smells, so don't fret if you're against that kind of thing. It's a soft, creamy hint of the tart fruit with that awesome-ness of oolong, best enjoyed on the hotter side. It isn't sweet at all, like one would expect from the intense scent. By the gods, is it ever perfect!



Eee! Teapot. My dad's favourite
BY FAR my favourite flavoured tea. I have already finished off half of my 100 gram bag! Addicted? Hell yes!
I love this. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Definitely a favourite. I recommend it to everyone. Except my poor mum, who is allergic to raspberries (so tragic!)

This tea has captured my heart!

Better get your hands on some before I buy them out! ;)




Happy Steeping!

-K




 IF YOU HAVE ANY TEA YOU WOULD LIKE REVIEWED, LEAVE A COMMENT AND WE WILL SEE WHAT WE CAN DO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, or suggestions!