So, I started off by boiling some milk (I used skim) and Pumpkin Chai. I'll put the measurements of everything I used, and straightforward directions, at the bottom.
Boil boil boil!
Then I strained it and let that shit cool!
Mix with the 1 egg, that I beat with a fork (if the milk isn't cool, you risk cooking the egg! Which would be super gross.)
Soak that bread!
Overall, it was a success, and I'd do it again, but just a little differently.
FOR YOUR EASE OF READING:
- Aprox. 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin Chai (Use to taste)
- 2 pieces of bread, slightly stale (it works better, trust
- 1 large egg
- Pure vanilla extract to taste
- Icing sugar to taste (for topping. Optional)
- Cinnamon to taste (for topping. Optional)
- Pure maple syrup to taste (For topping. Optional)
1) Put the milk and the tea in a pot, boil it for 5 minutes, stirring so it doesn't boil over. WATCH CAREFULLY. MILK BOILS OVER EASILY. TRUST ME
2) Strain into a bowl, let cool.
3) Once cool, mix with egg, put on a plate. Add vanilla to the mixture, stir.
4) Saturate the bread (not until it is impossible to pick up!)
5) Heat your pan of choice, use oil or cooking spray to keep it from sticking! (I used my handy cast iron pan)
6) Put that shit in the pan. Cover with lid, cook until golden brown. (Or burnt, if that's your preference)
7) Flip that shit. Repeat #6.
8) Put that yummy French toast on to a plate, and top with icing sugar, a dash of icing sugar and cinnamon, a healthy pour of maple syrup.