Friday 8 August 2014

Butterfly Jasmine

Butterfly Jasmine from DT

Ingredients: Chinese green tea from Fujian Province, scented with Jasmine blossoms

So exciting!!!

I have been wanted to try this tea for quite some time.
What was stopping me? It is the most expensive tea that DavidsTea sells! Twenty dollars for fifty grams! 
What finally got me to buy some? The fact that I didn't have to buy it! I used my DT frequent steeper points and got 50 grams for free! (I used the other 50 grams of free tea I had saved the points up for and got more Quangzhou milk oolong)

 Not going to lie, I had my nose inside of the bag the entire drive home from the mall. I think I told Chris "This is the best smelling tea ever" about fifty times within those ten minutes. This tea makes Dragon Pearls jasmine smell like afalfa.

I steeped these gorgeously wrapped leaves for four minutes my plain old ceramic pot. 
Everything smells amazing!

It tastes exactly the way that it smells. 
This is the smoothest, creamiest jasmine I have ever had. It is beautiful. The floral accents are at the perfect level and there isn't a hint of bitterness. I'm sure that the second cups worth that is still in the pot may be a little too strong by the time that I get to it, but it won't be long. I am powering through this absolutely perfect cup I have right now.

I was wrong. Even with the second half of the pot sitting for fourty five minutes, it is not at all bitter or overpowering; just stronger and still delicious and perfect!
Holy shit, this tea is magical!




Beautiful. 
Everyone should treat themselves to this tea at some point in their lives.
I am in LOVE.

Best tea?
I might just have to say YES.



Happy euphoric steeping,

~K



Update:
Yoshi loves it so much he is trying bathe himself in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, or suggestions!