Tuesday 24 June 2014

Creme Caramel Rooibos

Ah, Creme Caramel Rooibos by DavidsTea! This tea smells amazing. Like Creme Brulee but with a much more potent caramel punch.

I've only had this tea once before, and I can't remember what I thought. So, this is basically a play by play.

I love caramel. Like adore it. So I'm really excited!

I used once scoop using my David's Perfect Spoon. I set my kettle to the "herbal" setting and, steeped it for roughly 5 minutes, then let it sit for a few minutes under Stanley (the tea cozy) until I was ready.


Since this is being done during renos, I've had to turn my bedside table into a mini kitchen, and I am also making Ichiban at the exact same time.

I do like how there are actual caramel cubes in the leaf. Even if it doesn't affect the flavor (which, since as of this paragraph I still haven't had any tea) then it's still a cute idea.

It's a little darker than Creme Brulee and a even steeped smells a lot more like caramel.

Now for the taste!


It tastes a lot like Creme Brulee. Like...a lot. It's not bad at all, in fact it's rather good! But, it tastes like Creme Brulee, just less creamy tasting. And for a tea with CREME in the NAME (creme being French for cream) you'd think it be like drinking a caramel custard or something.


But it's not. It's the slightly more boring twin of Creme Brulee.
So, this is not a hate speech, but I am certainly not going to buy more.

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, or suggestions!