Tuesday 10 September 2013

Original Sacher Tee

This tea may be one of the few teas that I'm reviewing that isn't DavidsTea!

This tea is straight from Vienna, Austria! Sadly, I wasn't the one to bring it home, my mother was. She went on a Europe trip with my Dad and they stayed there for a little.

This tea comes from the legendary Sacher (pronounced: Soccer) Hotel in Vienna. More Sacher History HERE





The tea itself is a mix of Earl Grey, Darjeeling teas,  and jasmine blossoms.

My mother and I made a pot of it to enjoy together. In the Davids filter thing, we put TWO HEAPING TEASPOONS of the loose leaf, then steeped it with boiling water for about 3-4 minutes.







It's shitty weather again, so the pictures are, again, inside. The ram is there because I felt like it.
I AM MATURE. I DRINK TEA. SHUT UP.









I first tried a cup black, and then a cup with some skim milk. I did prefer it black. To me, the milk brought out more of the Earl Grey, which then overpowered the other flavors/scents.
It has a distinct Earl Grey flavor, definitely the star of this rodeo. But, there is still the undertones of the jasmine and the Darjeeling aroma.

I haven't had much experience with Darjeeling, it's actually only from reading Wiki that I was able to place the taste/scent of the Darjeeling to the Darjeeling.

Overall, a nice tea. And, if you find Earl Grey too strong, it would be perfect for you. Just keep in mind, adding milk may make the Earl Grey more prominent, because it overpowers the gentler flavors.

Skål and happy drinking!

-Laura


IF YOU HAVE ANY TEA YOU WOULD LIKE REVIEWED, LEAVE A COMMENT AND WE WILL SEE WHAT WE CAN DO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, or suggestions!