Tuesday 17 September 2013

Kiwi's Big Adventure!


Kiwi's Big Adventure!


First, check out it's page by clicking the link. It is honestly what ultimately made me buy it.

It's smells almost like apples; tart and sweet. The smell isn't quite as strong after it's steeped.
I used 1 tablespoon for one pot of tea. Any more and I personally find it too strong, also, if you steep it for more than about 3 minutes (4 minutes, tops), it can turn very bitter.

It has green tea, apple, kiwi, lemongrass, lemon peel, and artificial flavoring. You can almost taste the apple more so than the kiwi, which is a little disappointing. When I bought it I was really hoping for more of the kiwi to come through. It is still a nice tea, but not quite what I expected.
It has a tart, green apple, flavor to it. The real green apple, not green apple candies.

If you do not like tart things, you will not like this tea.

It looks a little like pee to me


If you are able to go to a store and smell it, you'll get a general idea of what it tastes like. I can honestly say, it tastes like it smells, just a little milder.

I'm torn on whether to get more after this runs out. Part of me does, part of me doesn't. If I do, I won't get more than 50g at a time because tit does take a while for me to go through it. You need so little of it to make a pot, and I need to be in just the right mood for it.
I did really enjoy it when it was hot out. Even as a hot tea, it does have a refreshing quality to it.

If you like or love green teas, you will like this.

If you drink this expecting a super fruity tea, you'll be disappointed.

So if you are buying blind (no smelling, no pre-tasting), then just keep that in mind.

shhh, my room is messy
WAIT

I just tried it as a tea pop. Again with ginger ale.

It tastes pretty damn nice. Ginger ale with an extra kick.  The ginger ale does out power a lot of the tartness of the tea, and leaves behind a very mild apple/kiwi-ish flavor. It would taste even better with some booze in it...maybe a peach schnapps?

Either way, quite enjoyable.

Skål, and happy steeping everyone!

-Laura


IF YOU HAVE ANY TEA YOU WOULD LIKE REVIEWED, LEAVE A COMMENT AND WE WILL SEE WHAT WE CAN DO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, or suggestions!