Friday 6 September 2013

Long Life Oolong



Long Life Oolong from DavidsTea
(Look at that huge-ass piece of apricot! YUM!)

Ingredients: Organic Shui Xian oolong tea, peach pieces, apricot pieces, almond slices, orange peel, safflower petals, natural and artificial flavouring.

I like taking my own pictures of the teas so you can see what a totally random spoonful can get you from a tin. So far, I am incredibly impressed with what I get!   Anyway. On to the review!!

I was really excited about this tea, mostly because of the peaches. I have a soft spot for peaches and nectarines (I blame Labyrinth and the sexy sexy David Bowie - if you don't know what I'm talking about, SHAME!)

I don't know how to describe the smell of oolong without making it sound gross, but an earthy almost milky scent is the best I can do, and it IS lovely. And with the peaches and apricots, mmm! Actually it reminds me slightly of just plain popcorn in smell. It's unique and annoying the hell out of me that I can't explain it. I know this... just... shut up.


Ew, inside picture due to nasty weather change.

Very subtle flavour. Nice and delicate. Tastes exactly the way that it smells, so that's a bonus for all of you in-store shoppers! I brewed it for seven minutes when it was directed 4-7, so if you like a really potent tea, I would recommend more time and a little more than the perfect spoonful from DavidsTea (I LOVE this measuring spoon, it's actually perfect). Seven minutes was good enough for me, but for you lovers of ass-kickingly strong tea, maybe try 9-10 minutes! Even though I got an incredible amount of fruit in my spoonful, all I can really taste is the oolong and the almond, the peach/apricot is just too subtle when I was hoping for so much more.

This would be fantastic cold with a muddled slice of peach! And with pop. Honestly, guys, I'm fucking addicted to adding pop to home made iced teas. It's delicious. TRY IT! DO IT NOW!

In all, this is a good tea. I quite like it for something delicate on the palate. It's a must have -or at least try- for oolong lovers.
But it needs more peach!! Get on this, DT. If you are going to put flavouring in the tea, then make it taste more like fucking peaches! Peaches are amazing. Add more peaches. That would be perfect. I like this tea, now make me LOVE it.


Now let's Magic Dance!



Happy Steeping,

-K



IF YOU HAVE A SPECIFIC TEA THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE REVIEWED JUST COMMENT AND WE WILL SEE WHAT WE CAN DO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, or suggestions!