Wednesday 28 August 2013

Paradise Found



"Paradise Found"
by DavidsTea
Ingredients:
Hibiscus, apple, black tea, green tea, orange peel, safflower, cornflower, candied mango, and artificial flavouring.



Sounds and looks extravagant, but has a lot more of a down-to-earth flavour than one might think when expecting to be transported to paradise! But don't get me wrong, I am definitely NOT knocking this tea. 
And before you go whining about "Wah! Artificial flavouring", let's just get one thing straight... Sorry! Fuck that. No! I just don't give a shit about that stuff! If it's yummy, it's gettin' posted.

Look at that colour! DAMN
The reason I chose this tea first from my 42 flavour (and counting) collection is because when I had a tea party, this tea was devoured!  I had about six ladies over, and after I had to go buy more because there wasn't even enough for one cup of tea!

This tea is great! But... don't expect to be wowed and proclaim from the rooftops that you have tasted the heavens, or whatever... It's a delightful, fruity blend with an earthy touch from the dark side (I honestly can't taste the green tea in this blend - which makes me a little sad!) and a tarty aftertaste that can punch you in the face! That's right, this delicious blend is like a fresh picked granny smith on a warm autumn day - BANG!  
To the taste buds like Jackie Chan all over a bad guy! And it is AWESOME! But, because of this, I would recommend starting off with a very low steeping time and testing from there - this tea is stronger than you might expect! But it is never bitter and doesn't have that lingering blah-ness (technical term!) that can stick to your tongue like some black and green teas often do.

What I like most about this tea is that it's not one of those where you find yourself asking "Am I really in the mood for this right now?" (I am heinously guilty of doing this! But-) No... er- Yes! You are always in the mood for this tea!
If not hot, ice it! Not sweet enough? Make it exciting by going half-and-half with some Sprite! (My favourite thing to do with ANY fruity tea)
Trust me. This is just a must-have for any DT fan.


Happy steeping!

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, or suggestions!