Wednesday 28 August 2013

Clusterfruit

This is basically what it sounds like, a clusterfuck of fruity teas! Hence, the title of Clusterfruit.

I literally have no exact measurements to give you readers, so just wing it! Mix and match with your favorite percentages and strengths. I personally like a strong tea.

This is an iced tea, and it can also be made into a tea-pop! Tea ice cubes could also be made I suppose...

I mixed the following teas*:
-Pink Lemonade
-Pink Passion Fruit
-Mango Fruit Punch
-Tropicala
-A pinch of Coconut Grove


I personally think it looks pretty. Nice and vibrant. It makes you want to drink it. And the smell? It makes the mouth water. Absolutely a thirst quencher.
In total it almost filled the little DavidsTea metal Perfect Infuser. Once steeped, it filled it completely.

I made a pot of the tea, and mixed it with half a tea pot (the same tea pot) of plain cold water and stuck that baby in the fridge to cool. When I came home from work, it was ready for the taste test!

Let me tell you, that thing tasted fucking awesome. For some it could have been possibly a little too sweet, but I liked it. The perfect balance of citrus with a hint of coconut. Not too lemonade-y, not too orange-y. I'm not the biggest fan of coconut when it's super strong in a tea, but this had just the right amount; so that when you drank it, it was like an afterthought rather than the BAM it sometimes can be.

Now, this was all last night. Tonight I'm trying it as a tea-pop. I'm using Ginger ale, you can use Sprite, or even Club Soda if that's how you roll. Honestly, I am using Ginger Ale because it's what's in my fridge right now. If I had Sprite, I'd probably be using that.

Here we go!

A little over half a glass of tea, topped off with the Ginger ale:

Oh. My. Gods.
 This is fantastic!

Ginger Ale was a great choice!

So you still have that amazing tea flavor I described before, but with that Ginger Ale kick, and some fizz! And, it just looks fucking awesome when pouring.


Clusterfruit Pop is a must do!









Oh yeah, enjoy the view of my backyard. I'm not sure where I'll be taking pictures once it snows...probably out in the snow. Because natural light is a bizillion times better than artificial.

Sorry for the slightly blurry shots!

Skål!

~Laura



*All teas were purchased from DavidsTea


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, or suggestions!