Wednesday 2 September 2015

28 Day FitDetoxTea - Intro (it's super long)

So, I decided -out of boredom and slight desperation- that I would give one of those "detox" teas a go.
But not for what you might think!!!

I chose FitDetox because, while their ad work is misogynistic bullshit pictures of sexualised women showing of their hot bodies (which they most certainly did not obtain by just drinking tea, but nevertheless make you feel like a fat piece of shit - but I digress), they don't really seem to bullshit, it's "100% organic", and there are no laxatives.

It's a two-tea system. With a Morning Detox, and a Bedtime Cleanse.
All about helping your body do its natural detox. (detoxing just means pooping/peeing - the only way to actually detox) And they are quite honest about it. You need to DIET and EXERCISE to lose weight.

Their claimed benefits:
  • Suppresses Appetite
  • Speeds Up Metabolism
  • Improves Skin Health
  • Increases Energy
  • Reduces Bloating
  • Clears Skin
As someone with IBS and hormone madness, those benefits seemed rather nice (read: OHGODSYESPLEASEGIVETHOSETHINGSTOMENOW)

Funny enough, GREEN TEA. GREEN TEA has been scientifically proven to aid in weighloss when you consume about 5-8 cups a day (which I will have tried a 14 day challenge of before this challenge)! But this tea doesn't contain any green tea - something I think would TOTALLY work for them.

It's all about the detox - cleanse that colon!

INGREDIENTS:

Detox Tea Ingredients:
Organic Fennel Seed, Organic Nettle Leaf, Marshmallow Leaf, Marshmallow Root,
Calendula Flower, Hawthorn Berries.

Cleanse Tea Ingredients:
Organic Peppermint Leaf, Organic Basil Leaf, Olive Leaf, Organic Fennel Seed,
Organic Nettle Leaf, Marshmallow Leaf


Pricing: It's is kind of expensive considering the simple ingredients... Even with the constantly marked down 28 day package from $64.95 down to $54.95, and the "today only" (not really-it's always there) extra 20% off. This is also in US dollars, so as a Canadian, I really didn't save a single damn dollar from the price I was looking at initially. (Whommp whomp)
But shipping is free! And I got my tea in 13 business days. Coming from Australia with free shipping, I didn't find it that bad.


IMPORTANT

My review will NOT be based on a weightloss regime. I will not be following the meal plan, I will not be following the exercise plan.
I am trying this tea to see if it will help with my awful digestion problems - NOT weightloss.
I want to share how it works and what it does for my DIGESTIVE HEALTH without changing anything about what I normally do.



Thanks very much for suffering through that incredible intro.
On Monday: DAY ONE OF FITDETOXTEA 28 DAY CHALLENGE

Stay tuned.


K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, or suggestions!